Pop-up Pitches is coming to MOFILM September 1, 2016 for a night of networking and feature film pitches hosted by MOFILM members Allison Vanore & Ed Robinson. Pop-up Pitches is looking to fill a few more slots to round out the night and they've opened it up to MOFILM members. They are currently accepting submissions for feature films - specifically comedy, romance, sci-fi, or fantasy.
The goal of the event is to connect filmmakers with other industry professionals and resources that will enable them to finalize the packaging of their film in order to secure funding.
To submit your feature film to Pop-up Pitches, please send the below information to: Allison with the Subject Line: Pop-Up Pitches Submission
- Plot Summary
- Filmmaker credits (link to IMDb sufficient)
- Link to materials: Poster, Actors attached, Teaser or Concept Video (or a script for a teaser you will complete 2 weeks prior to the event)
- You must also be available for the Pop-up Pitches event on Sept. 1, 2016 at MOFILM in Culver City.
Submission deadline July 23rd
To be selected as a pitcher you must agreed to complete the following* by August 18th (2 weeks prior to the event):
- 3 minute or less pitch
- 2 minute or less video element (sizzle, teaser, sample, test) - Video for the event doesn't need to be original i.e. you can use elements from pre-existing properties to present story, tone, etc.
- Poster designed and printed for display
- Postcards and business cards with project and contact info
- Business Plan** (budget, market comparison, talent suggests or attachments)
*The cost to create the above items are at the sole expense of each submitting Filmmaker
**Business Plan will not be required to submit or distribute to event guests but you should have these materials so you are ready for follow-up discussions. It’s all about preparation!
By submitting to Pop-up Pitches you agree to our Legal Terms.
Good luck with your submissions!